• Hezbollah first emerged in response to the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon, during the Lebanese civil war. Its leaders were inspired by Ayatollah Khomeini, and its forces were trained and organized by a contingent of Iranian Revolutionary Guards.
• It receives financial and political support from Iran and Syria, and its paramilitary wing is regarded as a resistance movement throughout much of the Arab and Muslim worlds.
• Multiple countries, including predominantly-Sunni Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan, have condemned Hezbollah's actions.
• The United States, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Egypt, Israel, Australia, and Canada classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organization, in whole or in part.
• Hezbollah leaders have also made numerous statements calling for the destruction of Israel, which they refer to as a "Zionist entity... built on lands wrested from their owners". According to Hezbollah's Deputy-General, Na'im Qasim, the struggle against Israel is a core belief of Hezbollah and the central rationale of Hezbollah's existence.
• Hezbollah receives military training, weapons, and financial support from Iran, and political support from Syria
• Hezbollah is reputed to have been among the first Islamic resistance groups to use tactical suicide bombing, assassination, and capturing foreign soldiers in the Middle East.
*Sources-Council on Foreign Relations and Wikipedia